Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blogging begins

Today I begin blogging my venture with cloud computing. I seem to get an email from someone every week either for or against cloud computing.

Today I read an article that John Lloyd sent me from RackSpace (www.rackspace.com ?). I'd post a link but I don't know if there is one. Apparently they did an article surveying people's and businesses opinions on cloud computing and found out that most small businesses weren't even aware of what cloud computing was or if it benefited them. About half of medium-sized businesses new about cloud computing the an interesting finding was that they perceived it as unsecure, even though many cloud computing platforms offer more security that any small or medium sized businesses does with their I.T. systems.

I'm meeting with Lynn Spies after lunch today to talk about how we can educate about the cloud and software-as-a-service (SaaS) along with selling it. We should have a new website up shortly at www.reviora.com that should have more information about WHAT this crazy new technology is.

No comments:

Post a Comment